Luft Tumlin PLLC

What can you do if you don’t get paid for labor or services you provided?

Not getting paid for labor or services you provided? A lien on property may be available if your business was in a direct contract or subcontract with the property owner for whom you provided services. Your business can recover the value of the improvements to the property, if the improvements were made pursuant to a contract for labor, materials, equipment, design, or survey services.

It is important that the claim of lien is filed with the clerk of court where the property is located within 120 days from when the materials or labor were last furnished to the property. There are additional time limitations if you are going to sue in a North Carolina court to “perfect” the lien. A lawyer can help you make sure you file on time and in the format required by North Carolina law.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *